In order to meet this month’s recipe redux requirements, I needed a recipe that used some sort of alcohol, even vanilla extract (and I LOVE vanilla!) The first idea that came to me was some sort of fruit and vanilla. Add in thoughts of summer and grilling and it all combined in my brain to come up with this yummy, juicy, sweet treat. Perfect for a lazy summer afternoon lunch or a big ‘ole BBQ with a whole gang.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 slices of fresh pineapple
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine butter and brown sugar. Heat, stirring often, until butter is melted. Once melted, turn to low and keep warm until pineapple is ready.
- Heat grill to low to medium-low. Place pineapple on the grill and grill until brown grill marks form on bottom, about 3-4 minutes. Flip pineapple and continue cooking until golden brown grill marks form, another 3-4 minutes.
- Place each slice on a plate. Remove butter mixture from heat and stir in vanilla. Spoon a bit of butter mixture over each slice.
- I had some extra bananas lying around so I sliced and grilled one up and added it to this--turned out yummy.
- This would also be delicious with a scoop of peach or raspberry sorbet.
Check out what my fellow reduxer’s did with the challenge.